18 Minute AMRAP:
11 Dumbbell Snatches (50/35)
10 Meter Single Arm Dumbbell Lunge (50/35)
11 Dumbbell Snatches
10 Meter Single Arm Dumbbell Lunge
21 Box Jumps (24/20)
Recipe of the Week:
This is a great recipe to make for multiple nights! Of course you will have to increase the ingredient amounts based off your needs. Try out this Bangin Cod Fish Tacos. WARNING – The pickled cabbage takes 2 weeks to “pickle.” We intend to make the tacos this week and try the cabbage a week later.
1 1/2 lb cod, chopped into 1-inch firm pieces
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch of sea salt & pepper
1 tablespoons olive oil
8 mini soft corn tortillas
2 large avocados
8 tablespoons pickled cabbage (see below)
8 tablespoons mango salsa (see below)
fresh radish (optional)
fresh lime juice
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
1 ripe mango, diced
1/3 cup diced onion
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
juice from 1 lime
sea salt & pepper to taste
1 small red cabbage, finely shredded
juice from 7 limes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon cracked pepper
red pepper flakes to taste (OPTIONAL)
Mango Salsa Instructions:
Mix together the ingredients and season to taste with sea salt & pepper and/or fresh lime.
Pickled Cabbage Instructions:
1) Add ingredients to a large jar or sealable container.
2) Let the cabbage marinate in the jar for at least 20 minutes at room temperature OR 1 hour in the fridge. Enjoy on tacos, hot dogs, burgers, eggs, rice or any food that needs a boost of flavor!
3) Store in the fridge in an airtight jar or container for 2 weeks.
1) Season cod with oil and spices, rub it all over the filet pieces.
2) Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil. Carefully place the cod pieces into the skillet using tongs or a spatula. Cook on each side for 2 to 4 minutes, until the edges are seared and the sides are golden. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3) Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. Increase the heat to high.
4) Add corn tortillas to the HOT skillet and sear on each side for 1 – 2 minutes, until dark spots apear on the tortilla. After cooking on each side, place the tortillas in a warm, damp towel to soften. Repeat.
5) Build the taco! On a warm tortilla, spread 1-2 tablespoons of mashed avocado, add a serving of picked cabbage, the cooked cod, mango salsa and, if desired, radish slices.
6) Enjoy with fresh lime!