Recipe of the Week:
This week’s recipe is baked salmon with chimichurri sauce and sliced red potatoes. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the salmon & potatoes:
1 1/2 pounds salmon
2 pounds red potatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Ground black pepper
For the chimichurri:
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
2 green onions (tops only)
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) Slice 2 pounds red potatoes into thin rounds.
3) In a large bowl, mix them with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the potatoes in an even layer on top. Roast the potatoes for about 35 minutes total, until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
5) Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6) At the 20 minute mark bake the salmon for about 10-15 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
7) Meanwhile, make the chimichurri: Slice off the tops of the green onions. In a blender, blend all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms, (if necessary, stop and mix the ingredients to allow them to fully blend).
8) To serve, drizzle the salmon with chimichurri, and serve with potatoes.