6 slices bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 large eggs
1) In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep most of bacon fat in skillet, removing any black pieces from pan.
2) Turn heat back to medium and add onion and brussels sprouts to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften and turn golden. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
3) Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover skillet. Cook until brussels sprouts are tender and water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. (If all the water evaporates before the brussels sprouts are tender, add more water to skillet and cover for a couple minutes more.) Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
4) Using a wooden spoon, make four holes in the hash to reveal bottom of skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and season each egg with salt and pepper. Replace lid and cook until eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for a just runny egg.
5) Sprinkle cooked bacon bits over entire skillet and serve warm.