Build to a heavy set of single
27 – 21 – 15 – 9
Front squats (115/85)
Weightlifting clinic is Saturday at 11 am with Coach Ricky. There are only 2 spots left! The cost is $20 (paid to Ricky).
Recipe of the Week:
This week’s recipe has steak in it. Need I say more? IF you require further information it also has rice and veggies. I love this recipe for it’s simplicity. It calls for broccoli, but you can replace the broccoli with any vegetable you prefer. Enjoy the Flank Steak & Veggies!
12 oz broccoli floret
½ white onion, sliced
1 ½ lb flank steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups wild rice, cooked, to serve
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2) In a small bowl, add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Stir until well combined.
3) Place broccoli, onions, and flank steak on a baking tray.
4) Coat broccoli and onions with olive oil.
5) Sprinkle seasoning mix on flank steak, broccoli, and onions until coated.
6) Bake for 15 minutes.
7) Broil for 2 minutes.
8) For medium, internal temperature of steak should reach 145°F (65°C). Let steak rest 10 minutes before cutting.
9) Serve now with wild rice or refrigerate in airtight containers up to 3-4 days.