20 Minute EMOM:
5 Power Snatch (75/55)
5 Thrusters (75/55)
Recipe of the Week:
Who doesn’t love chili?! This week we found a great White Chicken Chili recipe from an AWESOME website (link above).
1 1/4lb COOKED Rotisserie chicken meat, no skin and pulled into pieces
SUB: chicken breasts; jackfruit
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced and fresh
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
zest from 1 lime (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 can(13.5oz) full fat coconut milk (OR lite coconut milk; almond milk)
3 cups low sodium chicken stock
sea salt & pepper to taste
1 can (15oz) white (cannellini) beans
2/3 cup frozen corn
fresh cilantro to taste
fresh lime juice to taste (recommended)
1) Pull apart Rotisserie chicken meat, no skin. Set aside.
2) Set a pot on medium heat and once hot, add oil, garlic, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 2 -3 minutes until the onion turns translucent, but ensure it is not burning.
3) Add the cooked chicken meat along with the seasonings. Continuously stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Then pour in coconut milk and stir until it is a consistent broth, about 1 -2 minutes. Then pour in the chicken broth, white beans and a few pinches of sea salt & pepper. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for at least 20 minutes. (NOTE FOR USING RAW CHICKEN: once the white broth is mixed, simply add the chicken breasts to the pot – the broth should cover them. Cook and after 20 minutes or so, remove them from the pot and pull the chicken apart.)
4) If needed, add more broth or water after 20 minutes. Some of the beans should have exploded to thicken it, like regular chili. Just make sure the beans are not burning in the bottom of the pan. Then add corn and fresh cilantro, and cover and cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes on LOW.
5) Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy by itself or with brown rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.