2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 small soft corn tortillas, chopped into 1/4 – 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (OR lean beef, shrimp or tofu)
1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Green chile lime (OR 1 tablespoon chili powder)
pinch of sea salt & pepper
2/3 cup frozen (fire roasted) corn
1/4 cup red enchilada sauce
2 1/2 cups COOKED AND COOLED jasmine rice (or brown rice)
fresh chopped cilantro
1) Season chicken breast with the seasonings and set aside.
2) Set a nonstick wok on medium heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil then add the eggs. Quickly scramble and chop them up, then remove from the skillet, about 2 minutes.
3) Increase heat to HIGH. Once hot, add the oil and then the chopped tortilla chips. Cook for about 1 – 2 minutes until the pieces become crispy. Remove the pieces from the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
4) Once the skillet has cooled down to medium heat, add garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until the edges of the onion have browned and the onions turn translucent. Increase heat back to high.
Add the diced chicken and cook. Continually stir and cook the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
5) Add the frozen corn and continue to stir and fold everything together.
6) Add the enchilada sauce and continuing stirring. Cook and stir until the majority of the sauce has coated the ingredients and the excess has “evaporated.”
7) Add the rice (and fresh cilantro) and quickly fold everything together, about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
Garnish and top with fried chips, and enjoy!