1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
2/3 cup diced onion
1 bell pepper, diced
1 1/2lb lean ground bison
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika + 1 teaspoon cumin + 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 cups cooked (rainbow) quinoa
1 cup cooked long grain brown rice
1/2 can (7oz) red kidney beans, drained
1 small can (4oz) green chiles
sea salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook quinoa and brown rice according to the instructions given and set aside.
2) Set a deep skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onions and bell pepper and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Increase the heat to medium high and add beef. Chop it up as it cooks in the skillet and sprinkle in chili powder. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, until there are almost no visible pink pieces.
4) Add in the beans, quinoa and rice, and fold everything together in the skillet . Continue cooking and reduce the heat, ensuring everything is well mixed.
5) Add the green chiles and fold everything together one last time.
6) Divide into 5 equal servings and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of cheese. TIPS: I suggest a small side salad if you’d like more food. Add an avocado if you’d like to boost calories.