Heavy Set of 8
“Devil in Disguise”
14 Minute AMRAP:
10 Single Arm Devil Presses (50/35)
10 Single Dumbbell Step-ups (50/35) (24/20)
10 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
Recipe of the Week:
The recipes are back! Try out this Korean-Inspired Beef & Rice.
4 cups sugar snap peas
1 lb 90% lean ground beef (SUBSTITUTES: chicken, turkey or veggie ground)
1 tablespoon garlic
1 cup diced onions
1 tablespoon ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon rice vinegar (OR apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, white)
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (OR brown sugar, cane sugar)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
jalapeño (green or red)
1) Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. As an alternative to this sauce, you can just use Gochujang.
2) Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with a little avocado oil and add sugar snap peas. Let the peas rest in the skillet for a minute – without stirring – in order to let them sear. Then begin stirring the peas with a spatula. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the skillet.
3) Reduce the heat to medium high heat, add a drop of oil, then add the beef. Begin chopping up the meat in the skillet, then add garlic, onions and ginger. Continue chopping and stirring the beef while folding in the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
4) When the beef is nearly finished, reduce the heat to low then pour in the sauce. Stir and ensure all the beef is covered in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
5) Garnish with sesame oil, green onion, sesame seeds and jalapeño (if desired).