Recipe of the Week:
We wanted to show couple good meal prep recipes. Try out this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe.
4 medium, (about 6 oz each) sweet potatoes, skin on
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic power
1 cup enchilada sauce, I recommend my homemade
chopped scallions, for serving
1/4 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped scallions and/or cilantro, for garnish
1) Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Wrap the potatoes individually in foil.
2) Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder and place on one end of the slow cooker, cover with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
3) Place the potatoes on the other end, stacking 2 on top of 2.
4) Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
5) When done, remove the potatoes and chicken.
6) Transfer chicken to a small bowl and roughly shred with 2 forks and add the remaining enchilada sauce.
7) Split open the sweet potatoes, then top with 2/3 cup of the enchilada chicken.
8) Drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon cheese and place under the broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted.
9) Garnish each potato with 1 tablespoon sour cream and scallions or cilantro.