3 @ 70% of 1RM
3 @ 80%
3+ @ 90%
10 Push Press (115/80)
Nutrition of the Week:
We have less than 50 days until the new year. If you’ve been following along with these blog posts, you know we’ve been working on building healthy habits and you already have a head start on making 2023 your best year yet. One big part of the holidays that often gets ignored is the added stress-You are responsible for all your regular tasks PLUS holiday stuff and get togethers with family/friends you may not see very often. While this season can be fun, it can also add STRESS. Stress plus treats hanging around ALL over the place can equal trouble. Here’s some ways to beat that stress eating habit:
- Plan out your snacks for your most stressful time of day. Find yourself hitting the kitchen/pantry at the same time of day looking for snack? Plan it out and portion it into a serving size-then just grab and go when the feeling strikes
- Keep your water bottle handy-often times you can be dehydrated and not actually hungry
- Ask yourself if you are feeling some emotions, and not really hunger-maybe go for a walk, chat with a friend, or write in your journal first
- Check to make sure your meals are balanced and you are feeding yourself enough at your meal times. You may need to increase your portions.
- How’s your sleep? Being tired always makes things worse-cravings, feeling overwhelmed, decisions in general. Check in with your night time routine and see if you can find ways to shut off electronics earlier, keep your room cold and dark, and quiet.
- If all else fails, have a plan. Think about what you will do when you start feeling stressed: “If I feel stressed, I will _”